2020 Lakeshore Road Burlington
Canada L7R 4G8
The Halton and Hamilton FASD Support Groups are excited to share the news that we are having a FASD Conference!!! Please REGISTER for the event ASAP as we are anticipating that the event will sell-out fast!
Location: the Waterfront Hotel Burlington https://www.waterfronthotelburlington.com/ . The location can support 180 attendees. We are anticipating an early sell-out so please register ASAP! The hotel has also provided a block of rooms discounted for attendees wishing to arrive the night before (see our website – events tab for further info – link under item F. below)
ConferenceTitle: “FASD – Achieving New Heights Together”. The conference is a collaboration of the Halton and Hamilton FASD support groups; The focus of the conference is that by working together we can achieve new heights!
Speakers: We have a fantastic line-up of speakers & presenters!!
- Sheilah Laffan – Opening Yoga / Mindfullness – “Reaching New Heights to Share your Passion for Compassion”
- Yvonne & Nicole Williams (parent/daughter presentation) Nicole will be presenting “Growing up with FASD“ and Yvonne is presenting “FASD” Advocacy and what I learned so far“.
- Professor Shiva Singh (University of Western Ontario) -presentation: “Exploring the molecular iceberg model for FASD: a hope for the future“.
- Dr. Olaf Kraus de Camargo – presenting “FASD at the Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre”
- Justine Kormann & Matt Penman HWDSB – presenting “The Power of Validation”
- Jeff Noble – Presenting “The 4 Keys to FASD Success”
- Plus a Q & A panel with RJ Formanek … Savanna Pietrantonio … and Darlene Durand.
More Information &Registration: Please refer to the events tab on our website for Registration info or further information. http://www.ca/?page_id=33