Ontario is investing $26 million over four years to expand support for children, youth and families affected by FASD. To increase awareness of the disorder and how it can be prevented, Ontario is supporting six initiatives that will:
- Create one-stop access to information/training resources;
- Provide funding for 56 FASD workers to support approximately 2,500 Ontarians with FASD;
- Support parent support networks;
- Increase access to FASD initiatives developed by Indigenous partners;
- Establish a consultation group to provide advice and feedback to inform implementation planning and prioritization of efforts; and
- Create a research fund and invest in knowledge mobilization.
These initiatives will help reduce the prevalence of the disorder, increase coordination of services, improve the quality of life for those with FASD, and enhance support for families and caregivers.