30 McGill Street North Smiths Falls
ON K7A 2J8
Featuring Janet Carioni – speaking on FASD at Home, at School and in the Community, followed by An Introduction to the 6Fs Framework.. October 8, Smith’s Falls, OntarioFeaturing Janet Carioni – speaking on FASD at Home, at School and in the Community, followed by An Introduction to the 6Fs Framework
About this Event
Hosted by the Rural FASD Support Network, The Special Needs Steering Committee of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville KidsInclusive|EnfantsInclus KHSC as Coordinating Agency
FASD Dialogue: Looking Through the Lens of FASD at Home, at School and in the Community. Featuring Janet Carioni, Occupational Therapist, Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario:
Describe FASD based on current research evidence
Recognize behavioural responses are often an expression of the vulnerabilities of FASD
Discover how to build strategies to support the needs of children with FASD
- Followed by An Introduction to the 6F’s Framework:
- Family . Function . Fun . Fitness . Friends . Future
- A common language for service providers and families
- Insight into the real experiences of families
- A tool for setting family-centered goals
- A framework for coordinated service planning and inter-professional collaboration
- This is a Free event.
Lunch and light refreshments will be provided.
Parking is available at the Hanley Hall parking lot as well as street parking around the building.
A secondary parking option is the Municipal Parking lot a couple blocks away on the corner of Market Street and William Street. The cost to park in the lot is $0.25/2 hours and is purchased through a pay and display system
- Get the poster at https://drive.google.com/file/
d/0B0sC- tL0cjUoZEw1YmdOOVotZ3BBYkRNYXh JamlINTQ4T3Iw/view