One-day workshop at the Cineplex Cinemas Courtney Park in Mississauga.
(registration begins at 8:15 am).
Description: An opportunity for parents, caregivers and others who work with people with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder to gain a deeper understanding of the physiological roots of challenging behavior. Participants will leave with a comprehensive framework into which your best practices already fit, and some wildly practical strategies for bringing your hunches and assessments to life.
About the speaker: Karmen is certified in Applied Behaviour Analysis, has 20 years of experience in the field of behavioural therapy, and is the author of the FASD Learning Series Toolkit. She is a former member of the FASD Speakers Bureau and is currently a Behavior Consultant to the school district in Salmon Arm, B.C.
SIGN UP FOR A WORKSHOP TO HAVE:
• Have access to a FASD worker and a social worker
• Gain an understanding of the FASD brain and challenges associated with it
• Learn about what causes FASD and how prevalent it is in our population
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Parents/caregivers/guardians of children and/or youth with confirmed or suspected FASD who are under the age of 18 or between
the ages of 18 and 21, and still in school
• Must be a current resident of the Region of Peel